Strava Activity

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Look At Me Now

At least for two weeks I was able to get this out on time. Here we are two days into the week and I am only now getting out my summary of last week in the life of Mr. Lemonhead. In order to keep material fresh, there may be some weeks where I keep things short (my intent for this week). In other news, the Larson family has grown by one more with the addition of Poppy Clementine to the clan and now that makes 8 nieces and nephews (good thing there is plenty of me to go around). Congratulations to the Larson Party of 5 and I can’t wait until #6 is on the way.

Last week was a mixed bag for yours truly. I somehow managed to limit my caloric intake which had the inverse effect of what I was hoping for. The count for the week was Couch-5 Axel-2. I guess when your body is used to running on 5,000+ calories a day and you limit it to what a “normal” individual might ingest during a typical day your body might be a little sluggish until it can get used to scraping by on such few units of energy (that excuse sounds good…let’s go with that one for this week). So exactly how much did my weight fluctuate this week? Well, last week I weighed in at a mammoth 238.4 which didn’t break the scale but if my weight were to stay at that level over time it might. This week after some hard work and determination I weighed in at a beefy 231.0 (amazing what a little will power can do, I know). That brings my total weight loss YTD at 11 lbs or 4.55% of my original weight. Still a long 31.0 lbs to go, but at least I am making progress.

Exercise - D+
As stated previously, this week was a tough one for me to get out of bed in the morning and put on all my winter running gear and head out for a morning run. I was able to successfully do so on Tuesday morning through a couple of inches of snow for 4.44 miles and for 1.75 miles on Saturday (was supposed to be a 10-mile run) for a total of 6.19 miles for the week (just shy of my previously stated 20 mile/week goal). After two weeks I can tell you one thing for sure. I did a lot of damage to my body during ChrisGiving and am slower than I have ever been. Maybe it is the 95 mph winds or the layers of clothing or the 10 degree weather, but these legs aren’t moving as fast as they were about 2 months ago. If an onlooker were to view me running during this summer this is what it might have looked like but now this is more what I look like. The good days are coming as we are almost out of January and into February and that magic word everyone loves to think about, Spring. Until then I will continue my daily battles with the whispers from the couch and hopefully get back on track to my weekly goal (51 out of 52 sounds better than 1 out of 52).

Eating - A
This my friends is what caused Mr. Lemonhead to lose a few of those unwanted lbs. For the first time in a very long time I didn’t overindulge in everything that tastes good and ate things in moderation. I went out to eat once for lunch and actually contemplated a salad before deciding on 8 boneless wings and fries with a water to wash it down (come on now, you have to crawl before you can walk). Other than that the section that used to be the longest has now become the shortest (at least for this week). Jamie has declared the Winter of 2010/2011 to be the “The Winter of the Soups”. We are on what seems like soup #25 for the winter and that number grows weekly. We have tried such delicacies as Turkey Bean Soup (not good), Chili (better but not good), Vegetable Soup (still not good) and this week brings us Chicken Noodle Soup (finally something these taste buds can enjoy). Now I understand why people who ate from the Soup Lines were so skinny.

Overall - B-
Imagine the damage that can be done when I combine healthy eating plus a good week of exercise. It comes so naturally to me to combine unhealthy eating and the ability to find a comfortable spot on the couch, I am not sure why the other is so hard. I guess I better not get greedy because at least the top band on my undies isn’t basically folded in half when I change my clothes. Getting large and in charge is not a pretty sight folks, but I guess you had to witness it firsthand with my photo gallery two weeks ago (sorry to bring up such a painful memory). Baby steps, though, as there is still a long ways to go before I can rid myself of all folding of the undies waistband under the pressure of this large belly.

As always thanks for reading and please feel free to write any comments or suggestions as you follow my epic battle towards eliminating the need for a manssiere.

Love.

Mr. Lemonhead

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing great, Axel! Keep going! It's so hard to run right now in the freezing cold. Just think how easy it will be when it's 40 degrees in a couple of months.

    p.s. Don't think about how hard again it will be in a couple MORE months when it's 100 :)

    ReplyDelete